Categorizing Your Business
Choose the right category for your business to help consumers find what they’re looking for – you!
Customers can find you on Kudzu.com when they search by the type of service you perform as well as by your business name. Be sure to select the category that is the closest match to your business. Later, you can add details that describe your business by answering the specialty questionnaire for your business category. The answers to the questionnaire tie into our search engine, allowing customers to narrow search results based on the specialties you choose for your business.
Don’t know which Kudzu category might best fit your business?
Think like a Kudzu.com user. You can determine the best category for your profile by selecting the keywords you think future customers might use when searching for your business.
Select the category that best describes your business
- Open a new window in your Internet browser, and go to www.kudzu.com. Enter a keyword or phrase that is related to the type of service your business provides. Then click “Search”.
- The search result will return all the businesses related to those keywords.
- Below the business address in each search result is the name of the category in which that business is listed.
- Decide which category most closely matches your business.
- Return to the business registration page to select the category and continue building your profile.
You may edit your category at any time by logging in to the Kudzu Business Center and clicking on “Categorize Your Business” within the “Manage Your Business Profile” section.
* Please keep in mind that it takes 24 to 48 hours for changes to appear on the site.